Friday, November 28, 2014

Puzzles, Docs and family.

November 25 - Today I am thankful for puzzles.  I love building puzzles and am trying to pass along my love to our kids.  I bought one of those packs of puzzles that contains four different patterns and the girls managed to while I was not looking, open more than one bag so the pieces got all mixed together.  The only way I know of to successfully get them back in their respective bags is to build them.  It made me happy to sit around building puzzles with my favorite two little helpers (well nearly three but he just pinches nerves and causes my legs to fall asleep). :-)

November 26 - Today I am thankful for an OK from the doctor.  We went in for our biophysical profile and while everything else looked good they normally like to see him move more during the 20 minutes of monitoring.  Luckily the doctor was not as worried as the technician but it did cause me to instantly start sweating and feel like I was going to pass out.  An emergency C-section to potentially save a baby in distress does not sound like a good Wednesday.  The doctor just thinks he is getting SO BIG in there that he is sleeping more in his cramped space which was a complete relief to hear and enabled me to then go to the store and pick up the necessary supplies that I needed for Thanksgiving.  My Grandmother used to work at a florist shop during the holiday season making wreathes and centerpieces, because of this I decided to make a live centerpiece this year.  It took me hours to make and I referenced a lot of images online all the while being some what sad that I never really knew my Grandma.  We saw her once maybe twice a year and would wave Hi and then run off to play.  I couldn't for the life of me even tell you where she was from - other than Grandma's house.  I wish that she had been alive when I was older and cared more about people's stories.  I bet that she was a lot like my Mom and I, boy would the three of us had some good universe solving conversations.

There's my pride and joy!

November 27 - Today I am thankful for my family and tardiness.  I was petrified that I would be sitting in the hospital during Thanksgiving this year, obviously all of that was wiped away when the little guy gave us a scare the day before - at that point I just wanted him healthy.  Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday, I consider it Christmas without the uncomfortable presents.  The big meal, the fancy China place settings, the centerpieces, the laughing until it hurts.  All of it is just magical to me.


1 comment:

Anne said...

And I'm so thankful for these update posts as I'm thinking of you A LOT these days! Tell Joe (or Mom) that I expect a text when you're heading to the hospital!!! Or at least as soon as he's born!! :o)