Monday, November 24, 2014

Catch up again...Ooopps!

November 19 - Today I am thankful for Starbucks.  After Goose and I were all finished up at the doctor's for our Wednesday morning check we drove through Starbucks before heading over to Joe's shop to say Hi.  With my last two pregnancies I was very cautious as to how much coffee I would drink in the morning, always limiting myself to one cup.  But with this one I have been drinking several and just more winging it with most of the rules.  We will have to see if I have caused this poor little boy to have extreme amounts of energy or some other type of side effect.

November 20 - Today I am thankful for Grandparents day.  Austin's school hosted Grandparents day and we were able to go to Austin's school and eat lunch in the cafeteria with her.  She is only half day kindergarten right now so she doesn't get to eat there either so it was a big deal to everyone.  It was fun to watch my Mom's face as she walked through her school and notice how different each generation must see things.  From Tyler that sees it as intimidating, to myself that sees it as more of a necessity to my Mom that was looking around in amazement.  I am sure it transported her back to the days when she was in the necessity role and how that must feel like just yesterday.

Enjoying lunch with Gram!



November 21 - Today I am thankful for sleep.  Friday mornings are the only morning that I do not have a meeting at 8AM that I have to wake up and be ready for, so it is the one morning during the week that I can take my time getting up and drink some coffee before firing off emails.  I tend to also sleep in just a few minutes later.  Of course this particular Friday morning I was called by work early and as I mumbled to myself and powered up email I thought about the sleepless nights I have coming up right around the corner.  While I was saddened to miss out on that little extra sleep this morning it made me realize that at least I have been fortunate enough to have some sleep for a while now as I get back into the sleepless zombie stage of parenthood.

November 22 - Today I am thankful for good friends.  It seems as though we get older and have less and less time for friends, each time we see them it was an actual act of carving time out of that day to make it happen.  No longer are the days when you can call someone and have them just hanging out on couch doing nothing.  We celebrated one of our friends 40th birthdays on Saturday night and it was great catching up with everyone.    


Someone managed to snap a picture without me noticing but it included the belly. :-)

November 23 - Today I am thankful for due dates.  While I am still pregnant so in this case the "due date" was not exactly that, at least we have some kind of idea as to when the baby should come.  If you had asked me honestly at the beginning of this pregnancy I would have guessed that I would have delivered just before the due date, only because it's my third...and at some point don't they just fall out of you?!?!  But no here we go with the waiting game.

November 24 - Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving Break.  Austin is off all this week for holiday break and I am super happy to have her home.  Of course my happiness is not quite as massive as Goose's who is ecstatic to have her home.  They are getting more and more excited to meet their little brother, I don't have the heart to tell them that meatloaves don't do much at first but they are definitely already preparing to teach him how to walk and talk.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Awww. I hope Mom or someone gets their reaction on video when they meet him for the first time. It is so precious watching older siblings with a brand new one!!!