Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pound for Pound Challenge

So I watch Biggest Loser every week and everytime they show the Pound for Pound Challenge I tell myself I am going to do that one of these days. Well apparently that day came last week, and I signed up to lose 25 pounds. Which basically means that if I meet my goal the Pound for Pound Challenge people will give 14 cents a pound to my local food shelter. Everyone wins, I lose weight and hungry people get food. Well what I didn't realize is that this little deal that I made with the food devil has a time limit. In researching the FAQ's I found that the cutoff for weightloss is June 31st. So basically I have 7 weeks to lose that weight and for those that aren't math majors that 3.571 pounds a week. Which is do-able and a little more realistic than my normal 50 pound a week goal, but is still going to be an uphill battle.

With all that being said Austin and I just had lunch and she ate more calories than I did. I mean and why shouldn't she after all, she weighs nearly 20 pounds and I weigh nearly 200...about the same if you ask me. Needless to say I am starving!

I went out to eat with Tadd yesterday and came to the conclusion that one of my problems with working out is that I feel as though I "deserve" to eat whatever I want when I am working this hard. Of course we all know that's not true but I sure wish it was.

Oh and I am wicked mad to learn that you only burn 100 calories ~ish a mile when you jog/walk. I try to get in at least 3 miles in the morning and as it turns out that really isn't that much and to think I thought I was kicking ass.

No comments: