Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I was telling Joe last night that Mother's Day seems so surreal to me. I have spent the last 30 years telling my Mom happy mother's day and now people are saying it to me. It's still hard to believe that Austin is ours and we get to keep her, how many smiles can one little person give you...the answer is limitless.

We had a wonderful Mother's Day here with a big meal, sangria and cheese cake to boot.

I was just watching the news and apprently we are supposed to get snow tomorrow night so I will have to wait another week to plant my garden, it sure seems like we have a short growing season here in Colorado.

While unloading the dish washer yesterday I dropped a knife and as luck would have it sliced open my foot. Apparently feet are big time bleeders since I couldn't get it to stop...what would a busy girl that has a party to cook for do? Well I am not sure what she would do but I super glued my foot back together and nows it's all swollen and hurts when I put any pressure on it but is no longer bleeding. Again I would like put on my grave stone either "where there's a will there's a way" or "the poor woman never had the right tool".

Oh yeah and look at who thinks it's time to learn to walk...so much for getting things done during the day. :-)


1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

I was telling my MIL the same thing about it being my day too now. Very weird. Happy Mother's Day again! You are great mom to a beautiful and almost walking baby girl. Go Austin!