Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Weekends and voting

November 3 - Today I am thankful for road trips, Joe's friend Adam moved just over 2 hours away and was hosting a Fall Fish Fry on Saturday.  We packed up the car and headed out to visit with him.  I am thankful that Joe and I agreed so long ago to not allow electronics in the car and limit movies to extended trips only...and one movie per trip.  Listening to our kids talk about the scenery and ask what things are, fall in and out of sleep...color and read.  All of these skills for a child - I feel - are so important for them to learn.  Just simply entertaining your self when you have no other option.

November 4 - Today I am thankful for Sunday, Sunday Fundays.  We still say that in our house even though our kids are getting older...on this Sunday we all stayed home and just hung out.  This is a true treat to us now days.  For the most part at least one of us has to leave the house each day, but on this glorious day no one did.

November 5 - Today I am thankful for the right to vote...while I know voting is actually tomorrow.  This night we sat down with Austin and talked through each ballot issue and looked up each person we voted for.  She was amazed to see one woman that we had ran into at a festival - and was so proud and happy that we were able to vote for her - exclaiming "boy I sure hope she wins, she was so nice".

Novmber 6 - Today I am thankful for Tierpoint.  Today marks my year anniversary with them - and while this time last year I was sitting in a hotel room crying because I missed my kids more than anything on the planet, I am forever grateful for the opportunity that they have provided me and my family.  I was moved over to another team roughly 6 months ago and completely love working with/for them.  They are a tenacious group that just gets things done - which are my type of people.

This just pulled into my office...boy do I love these little people.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Cannot believe you've been there a whole year already! I don't know about how it felt for you but that sure flew by!!