Friday, November 24, 2017

Laughter, Tic Tacs and Family

November 21 - Today I am grateful for those times that you actually "Laugh Out Loud", I always love these times.  I received a text from Carri today showing me a picture of Summer reading a book we got for her...it is a very heavy book with many stories in it and Summer loves to pick up heavy things.  Which I reminded Carri when she showed me the picture which apparently made her LOL, I love that feeling.  I am reminded on a pretty constant basis (since those that I work with and I USUALLY have very little in common) that at our base all people are 73% water which means we at least have that much similar.  I try very hard to get a long with everyone and find something to talk about and laugh about, so I take great pride in knowing someone actually laughed out loud.

November 22 - Today I am thankful for Tic Tacs, many years ago I started a bribing system in the grocery store that basically if the kid(s) were good we could get Tic Tacs at the checkout.  It has morphed in the years because now they not only all have to be good, they have to unload the car when we get home and put up groceries in order to earn them.  Either way, for a dollar purchase I get a lot of help and a fair amount of reminding the kiddos to watch their P's and Q's.

November 23 - Ahhhh my favorite!  Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving & Family.  Tadd and Carri went to her folks place in North Dakota, which was sad for us but I know how excited her family must have been to see all of them and have them around for a visit.  We went to my Mom's house and enjoyed a wonderful meal and great company.

When did my big girls get so big?  I cannot believe how fast time flies.

A picture with a selfie stick as everyone tells Papa with the longest arms that he's doing it wrong. LOL

These two men and the effect they will have on these little people and who they become.  I am so fortunate and grateful to have them.

Hunter was clearly very confident that Papa would catch her as she zipped off the slide.

No comments: