Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Catching up...

November 24 - Today I am thankful for the experience of being a contractor.  I have never done this before, an hourly wage, no paid time off but more money per hour.  It's still kind of odd to me but I am thankful to get to see how so many in my field work.

November 25 - Today I am thankful for Shop Small Saturday, Kelley and my folks and I went to The Keg to have lunch followed by Christmas ornament shopping and Kelley and I left the sleeping kiddos with Joe and ventured out to a brewery to catch up.  Without volleyball every week we don't see each other as much as we would like.

November 26 - Today I am thankful for visitors that just stop by, we were doing our wonderfully normal Sunday routine (I call it normal and wonderful because it very rarely happens but when it does I love spending the day home, cooking, cleaning and hanging out as a family), when Joe got a text that several groups were stopping by to say Hi.  I think at least one set just really wanted to meet the new puppy but that totally works.

November 27 - Today I am thankful for the fish tank in my office, I love watching the fish and just got all new ones yesterday (although minor update, it appears as though two of them have already died and one more is on the way out) perhaps that species does not appreciate my tank.  But nonetheless I like having them around and eventually find ones that do well.

November 28 - Today I am thankful for Joe and his attitude, while I generally think of myself as a super positive person I am packing to leave for Raleigh NC again today and it would have been really easy to get down about it.  Joe just keeps reminding me that it is a short trip this time and I will be back Friday evening and everyone will be fine so let's just get through it.


No comments: