Friday, November 3, 2017

30 Days of Thanks

I wonder if I tried for 365 days of thanks, if I would actually remember and carve out time to write in my poor blog.  As it is...at least I will get some time on here in November.


November 1 - Today I am thankful for my time at People's Bank/Interbank1.  While it has been short, measuring in at only 9ish months...every job interview I have had recently can be attributed to the new technologies that I have worked with here.  Take for instance the new job I accepted on Monday, I will be a contract to hire (which just means that I will work for Insight Global for six months until the company decides to keep me on) Disaster Recovery as a Service "DRaaS" Engineer for Tierpoint specializing in a software package called Zerto.  Basically I will make sure that Tierpoint's clients won't lose any data if something happens to their servers.  It's a very exciting job, the pay is great and after training - which will take me to Raleigh, NC for a week...it is 100% remote.

November 2 - Today I am thankful for the stars aligning.  Not sure what all had to happen but I do know that Hiro passed away, Joe texted our breeder to let her know, she said that she had some puppies but that they were all taken, she texted back two weeks later and said one of the homes backed out and he was ours for free if we wanted him.  This little amazing fluff ball became a member of the family last night.  We are calling him Amos, I am still working on his fancy Japanese name for his paperwork....although since he is a "long coat" Akita we won't have to show him.  Yay!








November 3 - Today I am thankful for the school's rule on fevers.  Austin was playing yesterday at recess and came in complaining of a stomach ache, when they took her temperature she was at 100.9 which means she has to leave school and be out for 24 hours.  I normally would be annoyed by this rule but today seemed like a great day to keep her and Tyler home. :-D

1 comment:

Anne said...

Well, I am super duper thankful for this post!!!!! So full of goodness. What an awesome way to begin a month of thanks! I love when you blog.