Saturday, November 18, 2017

Catching Up

Fortunately I wrote some of these while on my trip and just had them saved.


November 9 - Today I am thankful for my Mom and her willingness to help out with the kiddos. I went in to work today and got my hair done before my next new job and my Mom took the time to come down and hang out with the kiddos so Joe could get work done. Our life is definitely a fine example of it takes a village. 

November 10 - Today I am thankful for last days that lead to new beginnings. I dropped off my laptop at People’s Bank today after writing my fair well and shedding a few tears. I have to remind myself to embrace the change and keep a positive attitude - I don’t generally like being at the mercy of a situation so having to find another new job so quickly kind of spun me for a loop. 

November 11 - Today I am thankful for the best type of surprises. We were watching The Avengers hanging out in the living room - with the littles completely distracted and the bigs holding on to every word...when the front door opened and you could hear a soft voice say “knock knock - hello”. When the kids turned around and realized that it was Marmee standing at the door the excitement could no longer be contained.

November 12 - Today I am thankful for rental cars. We don’t have a spare car for me to take to the airport and I was supposed to borrow Tadd’s but it is broke down right now so I concocted the idea to have Carole pick up a rental car from the airport yesterday and drive to our house so I could return it today. Which I will then pick up another rental car on Friday night and drive it to her to be used to get her to the airport on Saturday morning. With some crazy USAA discounts it even turned out to be cheaper than parking would have been.


November 13 - Today I am thankful for first days.  My parents moved around a bit when we were young and we morphed into little people that didn't mind being the new kid on the block.  This type of "training" at a young age helped me out today.  I always find it exciting to be the one that people are still curious about.

November 14 - Today I am thankful for FaceTime, while I just sat there and sobbed after seeing all of my favorite people running around and showing me there day it makes such a huge difference compared to a regular phone call especially with someone Chewy's age.

November 15 - Today I am thankful for hotel gyms.  I didn't sleep particularly well on the trip which was of no surprise to me, but that also meant that I might as well just get up and going.  I would wake early and join the rest of the "I travel but don't want to get too far out of shape crowd" before the sun came up.

November 16 - Today I am thankful for the perfect timing of Grandperson's Day at Tyler and Austin's school.  While I cried myself to sleep thinking about I, myself missing it (for the first time ever) I knew that the magic of having both grandma's there for the lunch was going to be amazing...and it was.

November 17 - Today I am thankful for those random people that come in and out of your life.  While sitting around the airport waiting on our plane to board, I struck up a conversation with two mid-twenty year olds who turned out to work for a networking company I know quite well.  We all ended up sitting together for the 4 hour flight that also happened to be rather bumpy as we flew into a snow storm in Colorado.  It was a refreshing four hour conversation about everything from Gettysburg to Healthcare and I was so happy to be sitting next to people that made the trip go by much faster and more enjoyable.

November 18 - Today I am thankful that the last week felt like a blip in hindsight.  I sat drinking my coffee in the playroom this morning thinking about how long the trip had seemed while on it, but how short it really was now that I am home.


No comments: