Monday, January 14, 2013

Updates

So I've been quiet on here for a bit and let's just be honest it's because I didn't want to be negative but here goes.

First off let's talk about the elephant in the room (in this case that happens to be me).  I always gain weight when I travel and Indiana over Christmas was no exception to the rule.  With that being said I have been on this diet for 14 days now and haven't even lost the Indiana weight I gained, which normally goes away within the first week back home naturally.  I can't be exactly sure what's happening here, I haven't cheated with even a starburst and drastically reduced my alcohol intake so really I should be losing just based on sugars and booze.  But no instead I am still carrying around a couple of the pounds that found it's way to my ass in the midwest.  By no means did I want to try this diet because I thought it was the most magnificent chance to lose the greatest amount of weight but co'mon...I figured out my calorie intake for the other day and please keep in mind I am not trying to make these numbers this low but since I can't have an entire shelf of condiments due to sugar and veggies just don't have a lot of calories in them....I consumed all day 750 calories.  For a near 6 foot tall, near 200 pound female I should have forced my body into a panic that dropped weight super fast that first week or so and then attempted to rebound by burning muscle.  I am a life long dieter so I definitely know the drill but this is completely baffling. 

Secondly probably in part because I am not losing ANY weight, I feel like crap...near tears all the time.  And hungry with really unnatural desires for cheese...meat I could actually care less about but cheese is an all consuming thought in my mind most days. We went to the boat show yesterday with my folks and had a wonderful time followed by an early dinner at Pappadeux's.  For anyone that has not eaten there it is arguably some of the best seafood on the planet.  After mulling over the menu I finally just brought the waitress over to my side of the table and started the conversation with I am on a vegan diet and I need some help putting together a meal...no matter what the cost is.  Noodles, olive oil, broccoli, spinach and garlic was served 20 minutes later it a big bowl by a waitress who then asked so is this like a double dog dare you are doing or something?  Nope I just choose to eat the worst of the menu (with the freaking noodles probably having egg whites in them) and pay too much for it.  I sat uncomfortably close to Joe so I could smell his food.  Don't get me wrong if I felt awesome either with a lot of energy or weight loss or whatever I am sure I wouldn't be so cynical but this is just complete crap.  I am the fat girl at restaurants ordering like a marathon runner.  **Sigh**

2 comments:

Anne said...

Bummer about the diet and food. I can totally relate to craving cheese. I do that even when I'm not denying myself!! We're having oven baked French fries for dinner (with olive oil). That's good comfort food and vegan too! Oh but ketchup without sugar probably isn't too tasty...

Anonymous said...

That's weird. I mean truly odd because like you said your caloric intake is so low. I hear you about the cheese too. That's something I would always cheat with on the weekends. Mmmmm cheeeeeese.......