Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fun new recipes.

In my quest to find things that I can eat other than re fried beans, I have found some fun variations on classics.  Like take for instance last night I made a Italian dish with noodles, mushrooms, capers, squash, zucchini, artichokes, basil and spinach and then in a separate pan I made spicy sausage in a Alfredo cream sauce.  So everyone else ate everything mixed together and I just ate the veggies and the noodles.  Or the night before I made a vegan red chili that I ate with lettuce, tomato and onions and everyone else smothered a burger patty and topped the whole thing with cheese and sour cream.  That's what I call a win-win. :-)  I also made Chile rellenos the other night with a fiesta rice so I just ate the rice which had beans and a bunch of other veggies while the girls and Joe at the cheese stuffed peppers and the rice as a side.  I am debating on what I want tonight which is always the hardest part, then when I get my mind made up the cooking part is always fun. It's like Anne said you end up making numerous variations to one meal but then at least I still feel creative and we all eat together.

No comments: