Monday, May 9, 2011

Toothbrush follies...

So while I am in the shower at my most vulnerable time clearly not being able to suck in and in need of makeup but not wearing any, Austin likes to point at me and say "yucky". While I can assure you I do not ask her to elaborate on what about me in this moment is yucky, I don't doubt she says this because she can't say "hot mess" yet. In order to get her peering eyes and criticism off me I relinquish my Sonicare toothbrush to her and allow her to take it on an adventure through my bedroom. I am the least worried person ever about germs so the thought of what she could be doing with my poor toothbrush never crosses my mind, until this weekend at which time I put that toothbrush in my mouth only to find it covered in dog hair and God only knows what else. Yummmm, that sounds awesome huh? In hindsight maybe I will just let her call me yucky.

Between J and I together I can guarantee you that we can find the most obscure and totally fun things to do on a weekend. I think it is because we are double dark, black belt warriors of Internet searching...or whatever else they would calls us at the International Web Search Finals. J managed to find that it was Free Comic Book day on Saturday so we headed on downtown for lunch, comic books at face painting. On the way to this extravaganza we drove through the Starbucks drive through and just in case people don't realize how powerful brand recognition is...Austin pointed at the sign and said "coffee", now that's marketing for ya. While making forced small talk with the drive through lady she asked when I was due, when I said "days from now" she said "yeah I can totally tell". Note to self those that are reading my blog, when you say this to a pregnant women who gets called yucky every morning by a two year old in the shower there is only one way for it to be taken. Good God do you look fat this morning! Just skip it, ask when they are due and say something like congratulations...that's it, nice and simple.

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Poor Crystal. I hear horror stories of end-of-pregnancy comments. One of those think before you talk things I suppose.

When MG passes an sbux in the car she also says her version of coffee but adds Papa, so it's, "Papa. Cochee. Papa. Cochee" over and over again until the sign is out of sight. Two year olds are so much fun.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how clueless some people are. On the other end of pregnancy, I love it when total strangers ask if your pregnancy was planned or not. A bit personal, no? Unfortunate souls, completely lacking in social skills. Anyway, whatever Austin or drive through ladies say, I'm sure you're looking great! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Black Belt Warriors of Internet Searching... I like it. I think I should print us business cards. I mean they practically give them away on vista print.