Monday, November 28, 2016

Holy smokes...

Holy smokes am I behind on the thankful updates!

November 21 - Fall break, I am so thankful for the breaks in the school year so we can all hang out as a family.  I love having everyone at home and school has definitely made me appreciate this more.

November 22 - Today I am thankful for airplanes, Carole and Murph flew in today and I cannot imagine how much different our lives would be if we couldn't just hop on a plane and visit each other in two short hours.  Of course that's not to say that the entire day is not consumed with travel and what not, but it's still pretty well perfect that they can come out.

November 23 - Date night~ish.  I am thankful for the folks keeping all of the kiddos at home while Joe and I ventured out to our friends house who was throwing a friends-thanksgiving get-together and then stopped by and had a drink just the two of us.  It was awesome and full of laughter as always, and the people that we were visiting are always in such great moods and we have such wonderful conversations.

November 24 - THANKSGIVING!!!!! My absolute favorite holiday!  I love Thanksgiving and this year was even more spectacular since my kiddos got to be with both sets of their grandparents...talk about a wonderful and thankful time!

November 25 -  Instead of participating in Black Friday, Joe shut down the shop for the day and we stayed home and made some smoked pork green chili, we tried to tame it down as much as possible but it still turned out pretty darn hot.  It was so much fun to have Marmee and Popa in town to watch the smoking process and play with the kiddos.

November 26 - Today I am thankful for Shop Small Saturday.  We ventured out to Manitou Springs to eat at The Keg and go Christmas ornament shopping as we do every year, only this time we accompanied by my parents, Carole, Murph and J's Mom Linda.  The kids had a blast and picked out some really cute ornaments.

November 27 - Sunday Sunday Funday!  We all hung out and made a big meal (almost like a second Thanksgiving one) and then watched the Broncos just barely get beat by the Chiefs.  I love hosting and am thankful to have people to host. :-D


I made the center piece again for my Mom's house and couldn't help but make one for our home too.

This little rascal likes to roll over to the DVD shelves and tear them apart.

Isn't that a cute turkey on that pumpkin pie?!?!

Down in Manitou there is an old penny arcade, one complete with these type of rides everywhere.  Jackson was in absolute heaven.


Austin is just about too big to ride on these (which is crazy to think about) - where has time gone?

No comments: