Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Updates...

Now that I have posted some pictures I can post the updates about us.

Joe - We filed for our city license for the business today which is awesome and we are way above the curve and are currently the only business that has filed. Business is picking up and we are guessing this is because of some of the other shops closing down. Joe effectively lost most of his employees due to the new stricter regulations that came out, either they didn't want to fill out the new paperwork or won't pass the background checks. Unfortunately that means that Joe is back to working all the time while he hires and trains new guys. It's nice to know that he is working toward being able to take more time off with getting people trained but until then I know it is killing him to miss out on the extra time with the girls. His softball team took second last season and Joe continues to be the dirtiest and most passionate player on the team...trust me when I tell you, no one else slides in park and rec softball.

Me - I can't believe that I was pregnant a month ago, my body feels freaking fantastic. I can run up and down the stairs again and am anxious to get back in the gym again. Next week is my 6 week appointment so bring on the pain. Although I can tell I am tired since the other night I fell asleep while pumping and gave myself a breast pump hickey on my rib cage. Awesome! I go back to work next week too which has come entirely too quickly, I have been checking emails and what not since I came home from the hospital but I haven't been working all day like I will here starting Monday. I am sure it will take some getting used to with Austin and Tyler but as with so many things in life, you adjust.

Austin - What can I say she is an amazing big sister, she loves helping out whenever I will let her. I even started letting her help me cook, I read the front of a magazine the other day that said "Why letting your kids help you cook is worth the mess!"...I didn't even need to read the article to understand why it is a big deal. Anyone who has ever seen Bad Boys II knows the scene where Will Smith knocks on Martin Lawrence's door and Martin says "you are an enigma sent here by God to test me". I call Austin my enigma all the time. While some toddlers have a defiant streak in them, Austin has the San Andres fault. She will look directly at me and do something she is not supposed to with a look on her face like what are you going to do about it? We spend a lot of time in and out of timeout and saying "sorry Mommy".

Tyler - She is the hardest baby in the world to hold and wiggles all the time. She actually picked her head up for the first time when she was first placed on my chest in the hospital and it has just gone up from there. She smiles more and more and like I said in the last post is losing all of her hair. Still won't nurse at all and eats a ton of food, maybe she won't be a pygmy like her sister. Lil' Bit sleeps great and at least 3 hours a stretch. We had her in our bed for the first three weeks but graduated her up to her bassinet last week. I told J the other day that we should be careful because we are going to blink and be at their graduation...I can't believe it has already been a month.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for all the pictures. Too cute. I think the girls look quite a bit different as infants. It will be fun to watch them grow and see if they begin to look more like each other or not. Congrats on all the great business news and on feeling good. Things sounds great. Just wish we could stop by for a cookout some afternoon. :o)

Laurasuz said...

Love the update!