Friday, July 22, 2011

No rest for the wicked...

Today closes out my first week back at the gym, tired doesn't really even sum up what I am experiencing but the one thing that I have learned beyond a shadow of a doubt with life is that if you blink you'll miss it. Lil' Bit is almost 2 months old already and if she follows in her sisters footsteps she'll be sleeping through the night at 6 months old, so I know that the tiredness will subside. Most mornings I am delirious and spend my time laughing saying to myself no rest for the wicked, others I crack up because my head will hit the pillow and my alarm will go off...much like you would see in the movies.

Joe and I had the rare privilege of golfing together last weekend thanks to my Mom watching the girls. I believe that we both played marvelously, but then again I am biased....however the moral of the story is that I got a crazy sunburn and it still hurts this morning. I thought I would have gotten rid of the oddly sensitive skin brought on by pregnancy but alas no.

In watching Baby Girl "play" with Mowser I now understand why my cats would run away when I was child and why my Mom would constantly say...be nice to them or they won't want to play with you. Wow, that cat will someday pack up it's belongings and move in with some nice older couple without kids. Poor bastard gets carried around, has diapers put on it and is force fed pretzels on every possible occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Austin--that is why cats were made....the diaper part was my favorite....Popa..