Friday, March 18, 2011

20's vs 30's

So obviously there are a lot of differences between your 20's and your 30's. Let me talk about a new one that I just noticed. I get a bonus every year, well god willing and the creek don't rise, I get a bonus. Back in my 20's a bonus would surely be spent in Vega$ or some other form of questionable means. Now this 31 year old sits here and stares at her new fence in the backyard. We decided that the one side of the fence that we got done was too beautiful to pass up, so we spent the rest of the bonus on the other two sides. Money that was once a glimmering token from Caesar's Palace can now be found in pre-treated wood. I've always embraced getting older, I love the feeling of becoming wiser and more patient...so it's not really a bad thing looking at my fence, just more of a "thing". An observation for the universe. You know, a gentle reminder that some day I will be wearing dentures and talking about when milk was 3 bucks a gallon. :-)

No comments: