Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hearing...

So apparently this little girl inside of me can hear what's going on outside of her surroundings. While I have some obvious questions about this, like does it sound like the things I can hear under water while scuba diving? The white noise of water in my ears? If so she has to be the most relaxed baby ever, I LOVE that sound. Last night my basketball team played Buckley Air Force Base as the buzzers went off, whistles blew and shoes squeaked I smiled on the bench thinking to myself what this little one will be like at her first basketball game. I already have several invites to play on teams next season so she'll be just 6 months old...I wonder if the sounds of basketball will be as soothing to her as they are to me.

Both our men's and women's teams won last night against the base teams, of course I was rooting for them but I have to admit there is something amazing to watch when people my age organize basketball teams. Most of the base teams out there are people that play because they love the game, they have normal jobs in the military but have the opportunity to play in a college like setting for 20-30 games a season. You can't take that kind of love out of someone and it shows in the way they play. Our teams had more injuries, more subs and more general whining while their teams didn't even call timeouts much less plays. But boy oh boy did they give our teams a run for their money.

4 comments:

Anne said...

When does your team go to NYC? That's a trip I want to hear about for sure!

And also, dear Crystal, we want to see some belly pictures as soon as you start showing!! We want to watch that baby (and belly) grow, even if we're stuck in Indiana...I mean, Illinois.

LauraSuz said...

Yeah, what she said!

:)

Crystal said...

I promise to hold still enough to take a few...Joe is still beating me but I am sure I will catch up quicker now. :-)

LauraSuz said...

Joe was still beating me at Christmas and I was in the 3rd trimester. You feed him well! :)

Have you had to start wearing maturity clothes?