Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Perspective

Just real quick...

I used to get my perspective from my Kid's Group at the Safe House but now I have to find it anywhere I can get it.  Like today at Wal-Mart for example.

Did I mention that for the first time in my life we owed on taxes?  Well it turns out that Joe is doing such a great job that it bumped me into a new tax bracket - the one where they don't buy you drinks before taking advantage of you.  So not only did the business and it's owners owe but so did Crystal as an individual.  *Sigh*  I was in a pretty pissy mood about it for exactly one day and then shrugged it off knowing that this will pass and someday we can look back and probably be appreciative of it.  Well that was last week and then today when I walked into Wal-Mart I was greeted by a young man in Army clothing being helped into a wheel chair because he is missing a leg.  He still had a huge smile on his face and was making jokes about the fact that his (had to 6'8") frame would not really fit in the Wal-Mart motorized carts.  Perspective dose number one, both my legs work just fine...they are present and ready for anything the world can throw at them.  Then while waiting for my deli meats to sliced a family of 5 walks by the children and the parents are all visibly dirty and disheveled eating samples from the bakery as though it was lunch. Perspective dose number two, while I hate to make assumptions the one thing about this family that I could tell is that they could have at least used a shower this morning...whereas I refused to any type of shampoo that was not paraben free.

No comments: