Friday, July 2, 2010

Invasion of privacy

I am not a very secretive person, in fact I pride myself on not having secrets and always telling the truth...

A couple of days ago it came to our attention that someone posing as a reporter from our local paper went door to door in our neighborhood asking questions about the business and letting them know that Joe owned a dispensary. This "reporter" went on to ask questions like how many visitors we have and who they were, along with whether or not the neighbors have any complaints about us or the way we live. (I am so angry right now that I am having to control my breathing.) Obviously Joe and I have gone to great lengths to make this a legitimate business and to keep it OUT OF OUR HOME! Away from our small child and myself. I do not go in the shop and have never used our product. But now I am labeled in our community. And rather than the labels that I have worked so hard to shine I get one like this...I got home from TESSA after working with a 3 year old little girl who is suffering from abandonment issues when I heard about this. I am sure they look at me and see my nice car and nice house and think to themselves there's someone else getting rich off something that should be illegal. So I say this...because the Internet is a HUGE place and I have no way of knowing who is reading this...we have not collected one red cent from our business yet, so the nice stuff is brought to you by my near 15 years of experience fixing the computers you are too stupid to operate and while you are out harassing others about their lifestyles and choices I am out fixing the world one broken 3 year old at a time.

4 comments:

LauraSuz said...

What a jerk. I'd be furious too.

Kim said...

At the risk of sounding silly and uninformed, may I ask what a dispensary is?
Regardless, I hope that annoying reporter gets a life and leaves you alone!

Kim said...

Okay, I just looked up what a dispensary is! I can't believe people are bothering you about that! Ridiculous! I don't use the unsaid product myself, but I think it should at the VERY LEAST be available for medical use, and your business is legitimate! To think that your character is 'suspect' because of such a thing! Mental. Ignore those people. What do they know!

Crystal said...

Thank you guys, I just know the stigma behind the product especially when having a young child in the house...it makes me angry that Austin and I are so far removed from it yet still drug into the middle. :-(