Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our first battle.

Whelp, Austin and I had our first official battle of wills. One where I truly thought she knew what she was doing and actually throwing a fit not just baby crying. I made macaroni and cheese with hot dogs in it for lunch (which by the way was one of my favorites growing up and the reason that I still eat ketchup on my mac&cheese). Well little Miss Pygmy decided that she wanted to eat the noodles and not the dogs, so she would finish what was on her tray and point at more from the bowl but leave the hot dogs laying there. So I told her to eat her hot dogs and she went into what looked like a grand maul seizure complete with kicking and screaming. At this point I am debating in my head if she actually understands what she is doing and my want for her to eat the complete meal. After a minute or so I decided that I would error on the side of not raising a brat and got up and walked off. It took that spaz 10 minutes of snot and tears to finally stop and eat those three little pieces of hot dog. She started clapping and smiling (she just learned to clap two days ago so it is officially her best trick) and I went over and gave her more noodles. In hindsight I am thinking this will be the easiest battle of wills I ever get in with this child, that is of course if she has any part of me in her. ;-)

3 comments:

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

GOOD FOR YOU! When babies decide what is best for the, we're in trouble! You're a smart momma!

Lady Caitie in the Pretty City said...

*them!

LauraSuz said...

Ha! Cute.