Monday, April 12, 2010

Good morning...

Good morning dear sweet blog world,

In honor of my friend Josh who is sharing his battle with weight loss and is splashing my name all over his page (although he refers to me as a genius rather than by name) :-). Here I go. I truly wanted to leave all updates on my training for a triathalon struggles to meets the eye. I just wanted to walk into a room and have people say God Golley YOU HAVE been working out hard. But until that day comes, which it will...I don't know how to fail so my body will do what I say. I am going to start actually posting some stuff on here rather than just pictures of Austin. :-)

Last week I started my two a days, now keep in mind I am still carrying around an extra 50 pounds so my knees have just about lept off of me and walked away. I hit the gym every morning with my soul mate J at 5...which is about an hour before the sun can drag it's lazy ass out of bed. And now I take Austin out for a jog every afternoon, I even managed to rig a bicycle computer to my jogging stroller so I can tell how fast we're going and how far we've been. J and I went to 90 minute Spinning on Sunday, yep God's day and J and I went and worked out on a bike for an hour and a half...I don't think my butt will ever forgive me. While the scale is not cooperating as well as I would like I am down 13 pounds over all and with only a third grader left to go why should I complain. ;-)

J and I have swimming in the morning which we add more and more laps onto our total every week so unless I drowned tomorrow I will see you back here.

4 comments:

Josh said...

Doesn't it feel good to share? :)

Hmmm...you guys are doing two a days...over achievers...

Anonymous said...

She's the only one jogging in the afternoon... the only thing I commit to after work is a 20 minute ab workout. I don't think that can be considered two a day.

I'm trying to get rid of that pesky third grader too... kids don't like mornings so that's why I'm thinking 5:30 in the AM is the best time to try and get rid of it.

Josh said...

J, you're still doing two workouts a day (elevated heart rate and calorie burning). One just might not be as intense as the other. I'm still thinking I need to step up here.

And if you guys are trying to lose third graders, I must be carrying around a college freshman...that likes beer and pizza...

Crystal said...

LMAO, you guys are cracking me up. Yeah I hoping my third grader turns to dust in the mornings. Blah! My knees would be forever grateful but until then I am pretty sure I can light a fire using the heat off of them.