Saturday, May 26, 2012

Timeline...

So Joe and I have always had a very unconventional timeline when it comes to our relationship but I guess it wasn't until two days ago that I thought about how odd it really was.

December 2004      We meet at Overtime (a local bar here) because he is working with my brother, although Tadd has told him that he not allowed to speak to me so he refuses to sit next to me.

June 30th, 2005     We move into together and while Tadd was supposed to move in with us it ends up being just us two living in awkward although apparently amicable pretenses.

January 17th, 2006   We officially start dating because let's just face it we have spent every day of the last near 7 months (and most weekends before we moved in together) hanging out and truly wouldn't have it any other way.

March 15th, 2006  We are up snowboarding and I decide that it would be extremely detrimental to our financial future if Joe was to hurt himself because he doesn't have insurance so we declare ourselves Common Law married and he joins my insurance.

May 28th, 2009   We welcome little Miss Austin to the world.

May 31st, 2011   We welcome little Miss Tyler to the world.

May 24th, 2012  We officially get married on paper, Verizon changed their insurance policy and will no longer cover Common Law marriages.

Next Summer Sometime    We have a name changing ceremony and a GIANT party.


Like I said we have never followed the book and probably never will, but are as happy as ever. :-D

4 comments:

mommaslice said...

So you have one year to change your mind?welcome again to the family ,we love you ,lisa

Anonymous said...

We cant wait! I'm sure you guys will throw an awesome party!!

Anonymous said...

is there gonna be a ceremony...can I be the ring bearer?

UP

Anne said...

Hey - my comment never showed up! What I said was the same as Laura. :o) Congrats!!!