Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hourly

I am now an hourly employee...to which I have not been since I worked at Subway.

They moved everyone that is not a manager or above at Verizon to an hourly basis. Of course they got us on big conference calls to explain to us that not only would nothing change about our jobs but that they would be giving everyone a 2% pay raise for the move. Hmmmm, I am waiting for the other shoe to fall. I am a generally optimistic person but when a company gives out over 100,000 raises across the board I am leery of their plan. So perhaps I will loose something like my benefits because I am hourly or I will be loose vacation or be easier to layoff. Something will happen but until then I will continue to hold on to the only job on the face of the planet that over pays me AND allows me to raise my daughter and fully fund my significant other's company.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I'm go glad that you have such a satisfying job with so many benefits, too!! Hopefully it stays that way!

I never knew you worked at Subway! So did I!

Anonymous said...

I'm literally LOLing right now and I hope you know why and it has nothing to do with your status as an hourly employee... I'm just going to leave that there.

Anonymous said...

... oh, and there has to be another shoe.