Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

Every time I am at a sporting event and they play the National Anthem I cry a little bit. Not just because the song is beautiful but because I am standing there (generally with a beer in my hand) enjoying watching professional athletes play their sport on a Sunday. The very same day, much like so many other days in other countries where people are not free and more specifically women are not free. I have never taken for granted that I was born on American soil in a country where it is possible to achieve the impossible. This very freedom of achievement has come from the blood of so many people that I will never meet. People like my brother-in-law or Grandfather that fought to ensure that I would have the freedom to say things like Kayne West is an idiot. For this and all of my freedoms, I thank the Veteran's. :-)

No comments: