Thursday, October 8, 2009

First post in October...sad.

I can't believe I haven't posted once in October yet. So here comes yet another scrambled post that updates a little bit of a lot.

Joe has been biking lately and loving it, which I am glad to see. It's nice to see him so pumped about something that's even healthy for you. Of course that means that now he is shopping for a bike (like we don't already have enough hobbies) rather than continuing to ride mine. It should be fun though because we want to get a kid trailer and drag Austin along, she would love that. Joe just rode in a 23.5 mile ride for charity to prevent suicide and placed 9th, not sure out of how many but I know there were a lot of riders. Yahoo Joe, not bad for just picking this whole thing up.

Our friends were in town and we had a blast running around with them, even made it down to the lake (pictures below).

We have more friends coming into town this weekend and are all headed up to the Broncos game on Sunday. Should be awesome!

Joe continues to complain about parts of the diet but he has cheated several times which has led to him feeling sick so he is starting to see how much better his body feels without all the grease.

It's snowing right now which of course makes me miss summer a little but also makes me excited for snowboarding season, my Mom aka our only babysitter is on the way to the mountains so we will be using her a lot this winter. :-)

I am taking some classes in body self image specifically for girls hopefully I will be able to incorporate the information I learn into courses I can teach or at least help Austin to feel amazing about herself when she gets a little bit older.

I was in class the other day and Joe was feeding her so he set her down on the ground and gave her the bottle, she laid on her back and fed herself. I was heartbroken when I heard that I had missed it she grows so fast. I cannot even begin to express how glad I am that she doesn't have to be in daycare, I would miss everything just like so many of our friends do with their kids. They are always talking about more layoffs in my company, boy would that change Joe and I's lives if I had to go into the office at another job probably in Denver since there aren't that many good paying jobs in Colorado Springs. Hopefully we won't have to deal with that but at least if it does happen Joe can stay home with Austin so one of us doesn't miss everything.

Here's some pictures at the lake and of Joe's bike ride. :-)

No comments: