Monday, April 6, 2009

Go Heels!

First and foremost I have to send a giant good luck (not that they will need it) to the North Carolina Tarheels. For those of you that don't follow basketball they will be playing Michigan State tonight for the NCAA title.

I had a wonderful weekend filled with what I can still do, which is basically eat. I had lunch with J and Kelley on Saturday and then lunch with my family on Sunday. Oh and I "helped" Joe out on Friday with some of his projects around the house, I have to put helped in quotes because I drive him absolutely crazy. Imagine someone who is super eager, won't ask for help, and cries if you correct her strategy. Yep, it was a long Friday for Joe. Did you realize that the average women speaks 10,000 words a day which is why my lunches with either my family or friends always last hours. So while I am not able to participate in a lot of the activities I would like to, I am at least getting in my daily words.

I read this quote the other day "You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." If you have not seen the new movie Seven Pounds but enjoy this quote I would suggest watching it. Speaking of movies Joe and I watched Slumdog Millionaire last night which was also a fabulous movie. I have to admit that I still cannot grasp true poverty, I just can't imagine seeing the neighborhoods featured in that show in person.

No comments: