Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Toy Drive


The stack of toys from out first ever Toy Drive.

Austin and Grandma hanging out at the party.

We had our annual Thanksgiving dinner this weekend with a new twist of the toy drive for the Safe House Christmas. Our friends and family came through magnificently and donated 40 toys. Everything from board games to sleeping bags and shoes. It is truly a remarkable pile and I know how much it will mean to the moms and the kids at the safe house.

Oh yeah and we still didn't decorate for Christmas this year, we just figured that Austin wouldn't really notice and we could use the money for our trip instead. So we CAN'T wait to get to Indiana where everything will look like Christmas and smell like the holidays. :-) We leave Saturday morning, I am sure by now Austin thinks we live part time in the car. I haven't even put up our suitcases because we have been using them so much here lately. D'Oh!

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I laughed out loud at Austin thinking you live part time in the car.

I keep forgetting to post a picture of our tree! I'll take one tonight!

Anne said...

I know what you mean about not putting the suitcases away. I definitely felt that way this summer, and I'm not putting ours away this weekend either!!

Josh said...

Glad the toy drive went well! Sorry I couldn't make it...politics are killing me. Anyhow, have a great trip!!