Thursday, February 4, 2016

Wow, that's a lot of snow.

We are just coming out of a huge snow storm, in fact the girls have been out of school for three days in a row due to it - which of course you will never hear me complain about.  You know what my favorite thing about having the girls home so much is...they turn into kids again.  The other kids in their classes all speak like teenagers and our girls inevitably pick up on it, but within a couple of days of just having each other they are back to the 4 and 6 year old girls they should be.

We knew we were going to get a big storm roll in, so we took the last nice day on Saturday and went to the zoo with Gram.  It turns out that the wind was already blowing so we didn't spend too much time there but it was still fun.




And there's the new little girl growing away.



Jackson's favorite part was lunch afterwards.

And here comes the snow...this is Monday afternoon notice the table in the background.

And by Monday night look at the table disappearing.  I think we probably got close to two feet of snow that we are still digging out from.


I wish I would have gotten a better picture of this, or maybe a video.  I heard this wonderful sound of three children laughing and no one crying so when I went into the playroom I found Austin and Tyler had put Jackson in their baby doll stroller and were giving him rides around while he squealed in delight.  See...magically five days at home and we are back to kiddos!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah for so much snow!! I'm glad they got all that time together too. It's so true what you say about the way the general public of kids talk and act. I'm glad they got some extra time to be best buddies and awesome big sisters.

Oh and I especially loved the picture with the newest baby in it...I was just wishing for some baby belly pictures the other day. Looking lovely!!

I'm sort of secretly hoping we get some decent snowfall at some point this winter. It's officially February and we haven't had more than a dusting since November. So weird!! But last year the kids had so much fun playing on their snow mountain in the court from the plow. I would love to watch them enjoying that again!